Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Racing is a learning experience

A week ago I raced in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico in the Pan American Championships. I was happy to get a spot in the race and I was looking forward to finishing the season off well. The race did not really go as planned, and I did not end up finishing. Sometimes I forget that I am a young college student just starting in the sport. Looking back I should have ended my season with Nationals, but I thought I could do it all so I held off for one more race. It is easy to get caught up in the triathlon scene and want to do every race so you can get points and gain experience. It is challenging to take 18 credit hours at school in Biological Sciences, train, travel to races, and figure out how to do it all on a tight college budget. At races I compare myself to girls who only train-no school, no work, no outside responsibility. I cannot forget that I am just starting and I need to have patience. This race I was just too busy thinking about everything else going on in my personal life and at school that I did not focus on what I came to do-race. Oh well, we live and we learn. I am looking forward to 2011. Hopefully I will be in South Bend this off season training with the IE crew! Good things to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment