Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Season Flew By

I can remember most of my seasons throughout my running career, and in most of them I could not wait for the end to come.  I got sick a lot and in a few I had to cut my season short because of injury.  This year I trained hard all season and did not burn out at the end.  It seems like I just started training with Greg, but that was a little over a year ago.  I have one race left and I am looking forward to it.  I hope my body responds one last time this season when I tell it to go.  It was a whirlwind of emotions over the last week and a half, coming down from winning Age Group Nationals.  My body was pretty beat up and it took me a little bit to get back into training.  I am heading to Dallas this weekend for the Toyota US Open.  It is the finale of the Lifetime Fitness Race to the Toyota Cup.  Nicole Kelleher, a friend of Team IE, is racing for the overall series victory.  Good Luck Nicole!!  There should be strong competition in the elite amateur wave, so I am looking forward to racing the best head to head.  Plus my little sister is meeting me down there, so it will be nice to see her and spend the weekend together. 

I recently found out that I was third place overall in the Rev3 Series.  This year it was three races, an Olympic in Knoxville, TN, a 70.3 in Quassy, CT, and an Ironman in Sandusky, OH.  When the series was first laid out early in the year, they had stated that an athlete had to do 2 of the 3 races to be in the overall series standings.  I only did the Olympic race in Knoxville, but I am guessing they did not have enough amateurs participate in 2 races.  This is good news considering the top 5 in the series get a cash prize.  Every little bit will come in handy when I start chasing ITU points next season.

After the race this weekend I will take some down time and I will start working hard on sponsorship stuff for next season.  Hopefully Lauren and I can get some help to lessen the burden of gear costs and traveling all over the world chasing ITU points.  If all goes well I am hoping to become a full time Triathlete!

I hope life is treating you well,
  Kaleb

No comments:

Post a Comment