Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Twenty Eleven


This year has been such an awesome experience. I have got to travel to places that I never thought I would have the opportunity to go to and I got to race some of the best athletes in the world. Someone asked me the other day why I do triathlon. I sat there and thought about it. Was it because I want to stay in shape? Or because I needed to fulfill the competitive drive in me? After racing as a professional for half of the season this year, I would have to say I am doing triathlon because of the truly amazing people you get to meet, race, socialize with, and connect with. Not everyone has the opportunity to travel around the US and even the world to do something they love. I am so lucky to have the support of my sponsors, family, friends, teammates and coach. Without them I would not be able to do what I do. Thank you! 

2011 has just kicked off. This week last year I randomly signed up for a marathon with no training and just did it for fun. I think of that race and laugh about how crazy it was and how I had no idea then where I would be a year later. I wonder what I will be doing next year this time? Well, what I do know is that Team IE will be dominating the triathlon world. So excited! And most importantly--welcome Nicole Kelleher to Team IE!

First ride back!
Good Luck to Lisa racing this weekend at 70.3 Worlds. Represent!

No comments:

Post a Comment