Sunday, December 19, 2010

How to beat the holiday sweet tooth?

Well, I just graduated from Clemson University with a BS in Biological Sciences. I think my parents are more excited than I am, but I must admit it is nice having the stress of studying lifted off of my shoulders.


Now that I have so much time to train I automatically think it is OK to indulge myself with all of the Christmas goodies. Kaleb and I will be racing soon so it is probably a bad idea to gain the holiday pounds. Unfortunately, I am a woman. Today I was running with 2 local guys and they were asking me why women loved sweets. Hmm.. I do not know guys, probably because we were born that way! Anyways, instead of diving into the cookie jar I made a delicious shake post run/ride today. Here is is:


1 scoop of Hammer Chocolate Whey Protein
1/2 of a nice yellow banana 
1 table spoon of PB (gives it a nice thick texture-so you think it is a milkshake)
1/2 cup of Plain Greek Yogurt
Ice cups (personal preference)
Splash of 1% milk


Blend these up and enjoy! This drink is loaded with protein and really takes care of the sweet tooth. Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment